Improving people’s lives, locally and globally through service.
Our members are comprised of men and women from local businesses, airlines, and other professionals who work within or near the JFK Airport community, the members share the common principle of “Service Above Self” which guide Rotarians throughout the world. The Rotary Club of JFK International Airport was chartered in December 1970. It has become one of JFK Airport’s leading local service organizations.
We are located within John F. Kennedy International Airport. The community we serve is JFK Airport and surrounding areas.
JFK Rotary is a member of the international service organization, Rotary International with over 1.2 million members in 200 countries.
Just a few of the services we have provided:
- Annual Christmas Party for special needs children at jetBlue hangar, where Santa arrives via airplane.
- Over $40,000 in student scholarships for the children of employees from the JFK Airport Community.
- Gift of Life Program, a major program of Rotary International District 7255, sponsors terminally ill children from countries with limited medical and technological services, for life-saving heart operations. JFK Rotary members provide, meet, and assist these children at JFK Airport.
- Assists other clubs of District 7255 who come to JFK for the same purpose by coordinating with the airlines and applicable agencies to ensure these children are expeditiously moved through the airport.
- Our funding has been distributed to these charities; Airline Employees Children’s Cancer Victims, JFK US Customs Explorer Program, Safe Haven, Lupus Foundation, School Sisters of Notre Dame Educational Center, and a few more.
We invite you to visit us. We meet twice a month, the first Tuesday of every month is our dinner meeting and the third Wednesday of every month is our lunch meeting. Details are below.
For more information about Rotary International, go to its official website at www.rotary.org.
For any further information or questions, contact us.
The first Tuesday of every month is our dinner meeting
(5:30 pm cash bar; 6:00 pm dinner/meeting) at:
Crown Plaza JFK
138-10 135th Ave
Jamaica, NY 11436
The third Wednesday of every month is our lunch meeting
(at 12:00 noon) at:
Hilton Garden Inn JFK
148-18 134th St
Jamaica, NY 11430